Video Editing Intern
Application instructions: Please email a resume and short statement of interest to [email protected] with the subject line Video Editing Intern. Applications will be accepted for this position thru April 4, 2022.
Job type: Paid Internship
Time commitment: Full-time beginning May 2, 2022 thru July 29, 2022. Start/end dates are flexible.
More Perfect Union is looking for a Video Editing Intern to assist the video team in creating original content for Twitter, YouTube, Facebook, Instagram, and TikTok.
The Video Editing Intern role requires proficiency with Adobe Premiere, strong video editing skills, experience with social media platforms, a passion for economic justice, strong collaboration and communication skills, and a high level of self-sufficiency – paying close attention to details and deadlines.
- Participate in meetings and collaborate with other team members to draft scripts and produce videos
- Work with video editors to version videos for social media platforms and add subtitles
- Collaborate with video editors, media producers, and TikTok intern to create vertical 60 second videos
- Execute best practices for achieving editorial and video excellence across the range of social platforms to which we publish
- Capture, source, and/or animate additional images, video, and assets for b-roll as needed
- Select appropriate music & sound effects and report appropriate music usage
- Archive and organize projects to streamline productions
- Meet video teams’ publishing schedules
- Operate in a nimble, fast-paced environment;
- Other duties as assigned.
- Proficiency with Adobe Premiere, experience with After Effects, Photoshop, Illustrator a plus
- Video editing experience
- A passion for economic, social and racial justice
- A self-starter who pays close attention to detail and is highly organized, capable of meeting tight deadlines
We strive to increase diversity, equity, inclusion and justice in all elements of our work. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote regardless of race, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity (including gender nonconformity and status as a transgender individual), age, physical or mental disability, citizenship, genetic information, past, current, or prospective service in the uniformed services, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state, or local law. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
More Perfect Union is offering interns a living wage and benefits package including: monthly home office stipend, paid federal holidays and paid sick leave.