Application instructions: Please email a resume and short statement of interest to [email protected] with the subject line TikTok Intern. Applications will be accepted for this position thru April 4, 2022.
Job type: Paid Internship
Time commitment: Full-time beginning May 2, 2022 thru July 29, 2022. Start/end dates are flexible.
The TikTok Intern will assist in driving audience growth and engagement on TikTok, Instagram, and YouTube shorts by creating original short video content, scheduling content, building partnerships with content creators & workers, writing copy, and translating performance results into actionable insights.
The TikTok Intern role requires a familiarity with national politics and labor issues, experience with TikTok and other social media platforms, a passion for economic justice, strong collaboration and communication skills, and a high level of self-sufficiency – paying close attention to details and deadlines.
- Pitch and create original 60 second vertical videos for TikTok, Instagram Reel, and YouTube shorts;
- Identify short clips and viral content to share across other platforms;
- Coordinate and build partnerships with video partners/subjects, content creators, and allied group;
- Assist with all aspects of social distribution, including scheduling content, community management, and optimizing posts for engagement and search;
- Draft and post social media content;
- Help maintain More Perfect Union voice in headlines and copywriting across social media and website;
- Monitor analytics, audience sentiments, and social media trends;
- Work with Communications Director, Policy Director, and Digital Strategist to build distribution networks to share and promote content;
- Operate in a nimble, fast-paced environment;
- Other duties as assigned.
- Familiarity with national politics and labor issues
- Familiarity with TikTok and other social media platforms. Keen awareness of social media trends .
- A passion for economic justice
- Ability to identify and acquire new partners for distribution networks & collaborations
- Some video editing experience
- An excellent communicator and collaborator, with strong interpersonal skills
- A self-starter who pays close attention to detail and is highly organized, capable of meeting tight deadlines
We strive to increase diversity, equity, inclusion and justice in all elements of our work. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote regardless of race, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity (including gender nonconformity and status as a transgender individual), age, physical or mental disability, citizenship, genetic information, past, current, or prospective service in the uniformed services, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state, or local law. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
More Perfect Union is offering interns a living wage and benefits package including: monthly home office stipend, paid federal holidays and paid sick leave.