Application instructions: Please email a resume, cover letter, and design samples to [email protected] with Graphic Designer in the subject line. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
Salary Range: $65,000, full time
More Perfect Union, a new progressive media organization, is looking for a Graphic Designer to join our growing team. The Graphic Designer will work closely with other members of the digital/social media team as well as policy, political, and communications team members to create graphics and other original Instagram content with a mission of empowering working people through information and policy change.
Candidates should be immersed in and excited about the process of telling stories through Instagram, and have experience designing graphics that are unique, informative, and eye-catching. Photoshop/Illustrator proficiency required.
The Graphic Designer role requires a high-level of self-sufficiency, strong collaboration and communication skills, and a desire to help shape and grow the organization’s brand.
- Conceptualize and create original and eye-catching graphics, stories, reels, and other content for Instagram and Facebook
- Help develop an Instagram and Facebook strategy that complements the organization’s overall publishing goals
- Participate in meetings and collaborate with other video and social media team members to produce original graphics and push creative boundaries.
- Knowledge of Instagram and Facebook best practices and making viral content.
- Meeting social media teams’ publishing schedules
- Identifying key influencers for partnerships and to distribute content to
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to work in a nimble, fast paced environment
- Performing other duties as assigned
- Proficiency with Adobe Photoshop/Illustrator
- Demonstrated ability to create high-quality graphics and other Instagram content
- Deep familiarity with Instagram publishing practices, content strategies, and key politics/social justice accounts (other social media is a plus!)
- A passion for content creation and economic justice
- An excellent communicator and collaborator, with strong interpersonal skills
- A self-starter who pays close attention to detail and is highly organized, capable of meeting tight deadlines
We strive to increase diversity, equity, inclusion and justice in all elements of our work. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote regardless of race, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity (including gender nonconformity and status as a transgender individual), age, physical or mental disability, citizenship, genetic information, past, current, or prospective service in the uniformed services, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state, or local law. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
More Perfect Union is offering a competitive salary and an exceptional benefits package including: health, dental and vision benefits, monthly home office stipend, paid federal holidays and PTO.