Application instructions: Please email a resume, cover letter, and design samples to [email protected] with Video Editor in the subject line. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
More Perfect Union, a new progressive media organization, is looking for a Video Editor to join our growing team creating a new political explainer series. You will be responsible for media management, video editing, audio mixing, color correction and final delivery to required specifications. Video Editors will collaborate closely with Producers, Writers and Motion Designers, incorporating feedback as well as regularly contributing ideas on story development, scripting and visuals. The ideal candidate is passionate about elevating progressive ideas and advocating for economic, justice and the working class.
The role requires a high-level of self-sufficiency, strong collaboration, communication, storytelling ability and video production skills.
- Editing 2-4 long form enterprise explainer videos per month
- Overseeing media management for series
- Ingest, sync, organize and backup all footage and assets
- Giving input to producers and designers on scripts and visuals
- Juggling multiple edits at once and meeting expected deadlines
- Working in a nimble, fast paced environment
- Performing other duties as assigned
- Mastery of Adobe Premiere, experience with After Effects, Photoshop, Illustrator a plus
- Documentary / Journalism experience, explainer experience a plus
- Producing, scripting or development experience a plus
- Meticulous organization and media management skills
- Up to date knowledge of latest video editing software updates, presets and plugins
- A passion for economic, social and racial justice
- An excellent communicator and collaborator, with strong interpersonal skills
- A self-starter who pays close attention to detail and is highly organized, capable of meeting tight deadlines
At More Perfect Union we strive to increase diversity, equity, inclusion and justice in all elements of our work. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote regardless of race, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity (including gender nonconformity and status as a transgender individual), age, physical or mental disability, citizenship, genetic information, past, current, or prospective service in the uniformed services, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state, or local law. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.